Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer looking for team members who have a real passion for security. The SOC Analyst is an engaged contributor role within Kobalt’s Security Operations Centre (SOC). This role is responsible for supporting the development of a SOC, geared towards mid sized organizations.
Kobalt’s back-end systems use industry-leading frameworks and tools to deliver a best-in-class solution that is able to log, monitor, and alert clients about security issues that may impact their business.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to join a growing team, this is your opportunity. Kobalt is building a leading global SOC, and if you have want to be a part of this journey, we would love to hear from you.
- Investigate alerts, analyze, understand and document findings raising security incidents as required
- Collaborate with team members to assist with improvements, discovery and production of creative and insightful security use-case
- Capture regular metrics highlighting key activities, measurable accomplishment, and blockers
- Support the design and development of Kobalt’s service offerings through insightful feedback and positive attitude as a contributing member of our SOC team
- Help drive improvements in our best-in-class SOC services through creation of knowledge-base articles and services documentation
- Respond to and engage our customers by email, phone, or other mediums as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related fields or 1-2 years of meaningful experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Networking/Firewall Administration
- Microsoft Windows/Active Directory Administration
- Linux/UNIX Systems Management
- Prioritize tasks with effectively and with a focus on quality
- Willingness and a desire to add new skills outside the primary domain of focus
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, asking for help when needed
Working at Kobalt
We’re excited about our mission and our people. We believe in continuous learning and development – you’ll learn from and with our team, share your expertise in lunch and learns for staff and external audiences, and we’ll all grow together. In fact, you probably don’t meet all the requirements above, and that’s ok. As a team we’ll fill in the gaps, and help each other meet the challenges of our mission.
We believe in impact not hours – although we often scrum, whiteboard and bounce ideas off each other together in our offices downtown, we also provide flexibility to work remote on occasion, so you can pick up the kids, go to the gym, or just enjoy a day working in your pjs. If you’re looking for a startup that demands 80 hour work weeks and provides non-stop Red Bull, we’re probably not a fit for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value your diversity at our company. We welcome you and celebrate differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide extended benefits and stock options. We believe if we take care of our team, pay them fairly, value their contribution, they will take care of our clients and we’ll all succeed together.