You play a key role in executing strategic marketing and branding initiatives for Kobalt. You develop, build and execute comprehensive digital and social media marketing and communication plans that reflect identified campaigns and are in keeping with Kobalt’s strategic objectives.
Kobalt’s Security Operations system builds on industry-leading frameworks and tools to deliver a world class solution for logging, monitoring, and alerting customers about security issues that can impact their business.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to join a growing team, this is your opportunity. Kobalt is creating a leading global security monitoring platform, and if you are eager to apply your knowledge of systems engineering to a very big problem, we would love to hear from you!
- Degree or diploma in Marketing or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing or communications/public relations and at least 2 years specific to digital marketing and social media.
- 2+ years of experience supervising or managing a team.
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and measuring sustainable digital marketing social media strategies for a corporation or brand.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media, networking platforms and a variety of monitoring tools.
- Strong writing skills with attention to audience, tone and nuance.
- Well-networked in the social space and ability to keep on top of trends and new innovations.
- Excellent understanding of web analytics, experience using Google AdWords platform (AdWords Certification is an asset).
- Ability to partner effectively with our technology teams to develop solutions that advance our social media capability.
- Knowledge of PPC and SEO is an asset (i.e. search engine optimization and Pay per click).
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and able to learn applications quickly.
- Well-developed analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Video production skills an asset.
- Work closely with all of the internal Kobalt teams to identify opportunities to use digital platforms for both consumer and partner facing campaigns.
- Plan, build and maintain lead generation tactics for online web properties.
- Develop and execute brand conversations that engage customers and strengthen the brand.
- Strategic planning and administration of blog and manage blogger outreach program, building an active network.
- Work with internal departments to develop original and curated content to be used across all business channels and as an integrated part of the entire marketing mix.
- Collaborate with the leadership team, agencies, sales and others to develop strategies and marketing initiatives.
- Manage presence in online networking sites/communities, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Manage online reputation – ensure all web and social media applications are monitored to identify any customer issues and/or criticism of the company’s brand/services and document and resolve the issues in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Monitor for news and unforeseen events which impact Kobalt’s customers
- Monitor effective benchmarks, tools and trends for measuring the impact of digital media campaigns and social media programs and analyze reviews and reports in an effort to maximize results.
- Develop and document processes to improve work-flow efficiencies.
- Establish guidelines, procedures, policies, standard responses and response time targets.
Working at Kobalt
We’re excited about our mission and our people. We believe in continuous learning and development – you’ll learn from and with our team, share your expertise in lunch and learns for staff and external audiences, and we’ll all grow together. In fact, you probably don’t meet all the requirements above, and that’s ok. As a team we’ll fill in the gaps, and help each other meet the challenges of our mission.
We believe in impact not hours – although we often scrum, whiteboard and bounce ideas off each other together in our offices downtown, we also provide flexibility to work remote on occasion, so you can pick up the kids, go to the gym, or just enjoy a day working in your pjs. If you’re looking for a startup that demands 80 hour work weeks and provides non-stop Red Bull, we’re probably not a fit for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value your diversity at our company. We welcome you and celebrate differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide extended benefits and stock options. We believe if we take care of our team, pay them fairly, value their contribution, they will take care of our clients and we’ll all succeed together.